My story in "The Children's Magazine" in October issue
Chakmak mouse was roaming around with a piece of cheese in his mouth. He was quite excited and so sometimes he put in on ground and then moved it in his burrow. Today he felt like enjoying it with salt so he decided to ask some from his friend Kalu crow.
When Kalu noticed cheese in Chakmak’s mouth, he felt tempted to enjoy some. He requested Chakmak, “Can you spare some cheese for me? I hope you will not disappoint me.” Chakmak felt worried and so he held the cheese very tightly in his teeth and replied, “No how will I share such a small piece with you. I will enjoy the entire piece myself” Kalu requested him repeatedly, “Oh I am not asking for much. I have given you salt and you should not deny my request.”
“You can keep your salt and I can enjoy cheese alone” Chakmak replied.
Golu monkey who can quietly listening to the entire conversation on a tree was also interested in cheese. When he felt it was the right moment, he pounced and grabbed the cheese with his right leg.
He continued his swift motion and reached a high branch. When both Kalu and Chakmak realized the loss, they started gazing each other. They were sad but helpless. Chakmak felt that he could have enjoyed some cheese by sharing it with his friend. He realized his mistake
Kalu smiled and proposed, “If not cheese, then we can enjoy candies today. I have some orange candies at my home.” And both of them laughed and proceeded towards Kalu’s home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog